August was a strange month for me that came with a lot of big life changes. Within the first week, I moved into a new house and was married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Kendal.
Therefore, my content consumption was not as high as I would have liked it to be, but what I did consume was gold. Let’s jump in.
In total, I consumed:
- 3 Books
- 12 Podcasts
- ~ 30 Videos
- 15 Articles
As always, here are some of the best.
- 0 to 1 by Peter Thiel - A famous investor's guide on how to position new or existing businesses to maximize growth and success. I loved reading this book because so far, I haven’t found a book focused solely on startups.
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker - As the title explains, this book is packed with scientific study, research, and examples hoping to uncover some myths about sleep and what it is.
- Building a Second Brain - Deep Dive With Tiago Forte - Tiago Forte and Ali Abdal explain what it means to build a second brain and give some advice that you’d only get if you’ve taken the course.
- How to Find Interesting Ideas - David Perell shares his laptop screen as he explains how he searches the depths of Amazon for not-so-popular books, that lead to interesting ideas, which leads to “original” research.
- The Ultimate Guide to Summarizing Books by Tiago Forte - This is a very long, in-depth article about how to take notes while reading, transfer those notes to an external system, progressively summarize those notes, and write a proper book summary.
- The Guide to Writing Online by David Perell - An interesting take on how to start writing online, tips to keep in mind, and strategies to start writing without having to be “original”.
- How to choose the right note-taking app by Anne-Laure Le Cunff - A brilliant illustration using The Gardner, The Architect, and The Librarian philosophies as to how one should choose the right note-taking app for themselves.
Looking back now, it seems there was a lot of David Perell and Tiago Forte. I apologize for that, but I started a quest on how to write better online. That led to me reading a lot of what David creates, as well as being fascinated by Tiago’s Building a Second Brain philosophy. I can’t afford the class, so I tried collecting as many free nuggets as I could.